By connecting Gmail to AccountKit you can collate your important client emails into the correspondence register bringing visibility across the client group all in the one place.
Authorise across the practice
The process of getting up and running is super simple, just work through the following details and you'll be on your way in no time.
Have your practice administrator complete the following steps:
- Head into Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab and enable the Gmail integration. Without enabling this first, the Gmail add-on will fail authentication.
- After enabling, the Gmail icon will change colour to indicate that you've successfully enabled it. This is all you have to do here.
Authorise each user
After the practice administrator has enabled access, each user will receive a notification that they are now able to connect up their email as follows.
For each user to now enable the integration, they must follow each of the following steps.
- Either click on the link within the notification OR head to "My Profile" within your user menu in the top right of your screen.
- Then head to the Communication Settings area and select to "Connect" Gmail.
- Login to the applicable email account to authorise AccountKit to have access.
- You will then be returned to AccountKit where you will find that the Gmail logo is now coloured to show that it is now enabled.
Install the addon
Now that the integration has been enabled and authorised, it's simply a matter of installing the addon. Follow the steps below to do so:
Download the add on from the Chrome store by following this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/AccountKit?hl=en-US
- The AccountKit add on will appear like below:
- Click . Chrome will now as for permissions. Click "Add Extention' to authorise.
- After clicking add extension you will notice that the AccountKit logo has appeared in your browsers extensions toolbar. At this stage, the logo will appear like this , however, when you are using Gmail your icon will be coloured like this
Using AccountKit's Gmail integration...
Now that the integration is up and running in Gmail and authorised within AccountKit, you simply need to ensure you are logged into AccountKit via Gmail. Note: If you are already logged into AccountKit you can jump to the second step.
- When in Gmail, you will see the green AccountKit logo against each email when you hover over it. Click the icon and then click the login button.
- After logging it will look like this and select 'Remember this Device'. Doing so will ensure you are able to send to AccountKit even when you are not logged into AccountKit elsewhere.
- At any point, you can choose to forget this device thereby enforcing login next time by selecting the cog icon to access the settings...
then deselect the "Remember this device" checkbox
- Now you will be able to assign emails to clients in two fashions. The first is directly from your inbox by selecting the Icon and searching for a client,
and then selecting "Assign".
The second is within the email. You will see the add on bar, on the left of the email. Search for the client and click assign.
If you happen to have a document management system (like Google Drive) integrated with AccountKit, you'll also, have the option to assign any attachments to the DMS which will then be linked to the email within the correspondence register. After selecting the client click 'Save Attachments to DMS'
You and your colleagues will now be able to check out any emails sent to AccountKit in either of the following locations
- Correspondence Register
- Family Group page
All correspondence across the family group in one place.
Disabling the Integration...
Disconnect each user
This is optional, as disabling at the practice level will also de-authorise all users as well. Each user can follow these steps.
- Head to "My Profile" within your user menu in the top right of your screen.
- Then head to the Communication Settings area and elect to "Disconnect" Outlook.
- The logo will then return to black and white to indicate that it is no longer connected.
De-authorise across the practice
To stop people from re-authorising the integration, you'll need to turn off access within practice settings as well.
Have your practice administrator:
- Head into Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab and Disable the Outlook integration.
- After disabling, the Outlook icon will change colour to indicate that you've successfully disabled it.
Once access has been disabled across the practice any attempt to attribute an email from Outlook will result in an authorisation error.
|Practice Settings - Integrations||Head to practice settings for the steps to enable this integration.|
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.|