Connecting AccountKit to Yammer brings new levels of communication within your practice by pushing events and correspondence register entries to a channel or person of choice within your connected Yammer organisation. Before you start, it's worth getting agreement within your business as to whether you want yet more information coming at you. It can be overwhelming, so we recommend only turning on a couple initially and confirm it's value and use within the organisation before rolling it through the different areas as they're made available.
Have a user with practice administrator user permissions enter Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab
- Look under the "Communications" heading
- Select the Connect Button within the Yammer integration area
- Review the permissions and press Authorise.
Select your defaults
Now that you have connected Yammer to AccountKit you need to choose the default behaviours. Your options will be limited initially, but over time we add new triggers that you can elect to turn on.
- Expand the settings for the integration by selecting the icon
- Work your way through each AccountKit tool and the applicable Yammer triggers and identify those that you would like to receive notifications about or from.
- For those that you would like to activate, simply identify the default channel to be used.
Utilising the Yammer Integration
Now that you have authorised Yammer, you will notice that there are some new fields that will have appeared throughout AccountKit. But first, it's worth noting that there are two distinct types of interactions you will have through the integration:
- User triggered - This is where a user consciously chooses to send a notification to Yammer from within AccountKit, such as from the correspondence register.
- System triggered - This is where the Practice Administrator has enabled automatic notifications in relation to certain tools when a trigger event has occurred - for example, the equipment finance tool can be set up to send a notification to a specific channel when a schedule comes to an end.
- The "share with" area will reveal a new yammer option.
- By utilising this, any correspondence (such as phone messages or meeting notes) will go to the applicable channel. By default, it will go to the channel identified in practice settings.
- You can override the default and instead elect to direct message a correspondence entry do another sure.
- Much like the email sent from this register, you will have an option to click through to AccountKit with all the details required to return a call or review a full file note.
- Within Yammer you'll immediately see a message appear; Selecting the Link at the bottom of the message to be redirected back into AccountKit with all of the relevant details already filled in. Note that Yammer only allows for very basic text without any formatting.
Equipment Finance and utilisation in other tools
- to come...
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I disconnect Yammer?
Head back to your practice settings and simply press the Disconnect button.
Why haven't you done a notification for "x" function or tool?
The options are endless as to how we can utilise Yammer to send out notifications. We've chosen those we believe will be of use without overwhelming your communication channels. If you've any ideas, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and with enough demand, it's a simple enough matter to add it in.
Why Yammer and Slack and not one of the other options out there?
Our intent is to support as many providers as we can, but we'll always start with those that look to be dominating within the accountants eco-sphere and that make the process easy to implement. Other options are being considered for future releases.
|Practice Settings - Integrations||Head to practice settings for the steps to enable this integration.|
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.