Sending SMS messages to clients is a quick and easy way to keep them up to date with their accounts as well as sending reminders and announcements. In this article, we are going to go through the process of setting up your SMS Center. The SMS Center is where you can find all your incoming and outgoing SMS messages in the one place. You do not send SMS messages from here this happens in the Correspondence Register, so, to learn how to send SMS click through to our Correspondence Register article once you have set up your SMS Center.
To enable the sending of SMS's withing AccountKit, you first will be required to have a Twilio account. You can set up an account within AccountKit by following the instructions below. For more information go to https://www.twilio.com
Connect to Twilio
Have a user with practice administrator permissions go to Practice Settings
- Go to the Integrations tab
- Look under the "Communications" heading
- Select the Connect Button within the Twilio Integration area
- You will need to set up a new account with Twilio, as the mobile number you will purchase will be directly linked to AccountKit. Follow the prompts as seen in the image below to sign up and press Authorise
- Once connected your integrations page will look like this
Purchase a number
Now that you have an account with Twilio, it's time to purchase a mobile number:
- Select the settings icon
- Select the applicable country (note that not all countries are supported)
- If you have an idea of the phone number you would like or part thereof, enter them into the search dialogue and press search. If no available numbers appear, try other combinations until some options appear under the "Available Numbers" area.
- Once successful in finding an available number, review the pricing for the monthly number rental and cost per message.
- If you are content, select the (+) icon to the right to finalise the purchase.
Set your defaults
Now that you have a number, you can optionally set the following defaults
- Business Name: This is only used where you want the message to be labelled with something other than the mobile number. In doing so the message will become one way meaning the client will NOT be able to respond. Leave this field blank if you're wanting to receive messages back from your clients into AccountKit
- Signature: Much like an email, this is a short set of text that all messages will be signed off with. For example, the name of your practice or business name.
That's it! You're now good to send and receive SMS from the Correspondence Register. Review how to send messages from within the Correspondence Register support page.
The SMS Centre (Coming Soon)
The centre is where you can see all of the SMS's sent and received by the practice. While you do not send messages from here (this is done within the Correspondence Register), it is where you can assign a message to a client where AccountKit hasn't recognised a number and accordingly was unable to assign to a client within the Correspondence Register.
Other features and functions
Deleting or changing your mobile number
To delete the phone number and release it back to Twilio, simply press the bin icon next to the number. This will cease all charges and enable you to purchase another number if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you only support Twilio?
We ended up choosing Twilio as our provider for a number of reasons:
- It provided the ultimate in flexibility to create all manner of other telecommunication based tools within AccountKit.
- The ease of which one can set up and administer a mobile account just for SMS
- The price was very reasonable both for line rental and message sending and receiving.
Will you support other SMS providers?
We're presently happy with the server provided by Twilio, but should the demand be there, we'll certainly be happy to support other providers.
|Practice Settings - Integrations||Head to practice settings for the steps to enable this integration.|
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||
Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.
Check out this link for all your correspondence register help