The AccountKit FAQ seeks to cover all sorts of questions that you may have when trying to make the decision whether to take the leap into AccountKit.
Jump straight to the applicable section:
- Why do I need AccountKit?
- Who is AccountKit designed for?
- What can we expect to pay as a practice?
- Is there a free trial?
- How do we find time to implement AccountKit?
- Do I have to use Xero Practice Manager or Xero to use AccountKit?
- Does AccountKit integrate with any other Practice Management Software?
- Our Practice is 100% in the cloud. Do you integrate with any Document Management Systems?
- Can I get someone to assist with our setup?
- Why does the cost of AccountKit vary per region?
- Where is our client data stored?
- I'm not entirely comfortable with storing my data in the cloud. Is it safe?
- What devices will AccountKit work on?
- Will AccountKit work in my country?
- What do I do if I get stuck?
- What happens if my internet goes down?
- I wouldn't mind seeing AccountKit in action, is there anyone locally we could visit to see it being used in situ?
- This is all looking pretty amazing... Where to from here?
- ATO Lodgement Questions
- How do I archive or disable a user?
We already have too many apps that we’re paying and logging into and various websites that we use on a day to day basis, why do we need to further complicate our life with yet another login and cost?
Who is AccountKit designed for?
What can we expect to pay as a practice?
Is there a free trial?
How do we find the time to implement AccountKit?
Do I have to use Xero Practice Manager or Xero to use AccountKit?
Does AccountKit integrate with any other Practice Management Software?
Our Practice is 100% in the cloud. Do you integrate with any Document Management Systems (DMS)?
Yes! We sure do. Currently, we have the following integrations with your favourite DMS systems:
- OneDrive / Sharepoint
- Nimbus Portals
Can I get someone to assist with our setup?
We believe the setup process is so simple however it can become time-consuming and overwhelming if you don't know where to start. We'll do an onboarding call with you to get you started, but if you would like a more hands-on approach, we can carry out a bespoke set of sessions to get you and your team up and running. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be in touch with the next step.
Why does the cost of AccountKit vary per region?
This isn't an issue currently, but we’ll certainly aim to keep our costs comparative between regions. Ultimately though it all comes down to the level of support and investment required to cater for that particular region.
Where is our client data stored?
Presently your data is stored in an undisclosed Amazon Server location in Sydney. For data protection at times your data may be stored in other data centres and as we expand we will always seek to keep data stored within your particular country pending pricing and security considerations.
I’m not entirely comfortable with storing my data in the cloud, is it safe?
From a security point of view, it’s probably safer in the cloud. The enterprise security and built-in redundancy with the Amazon servers is way ahead of the firewalls and security we could ever hope to set up and maintain within our practices.
What devices will AccountKit work on?
The beauty of being a browser-based program is that we’ll work on any device that has a web browser on it. The catch is, that we’ve optimised viewing for ordinary computer screens down to iPad sized screens. Anything less than this and you may find that it’s not entirely useable. If there’s sufficient demand we’ll certainly investigate the options for making it more usable on smaller screens.
Will AccountKit work in my country?
The software should be relatively country agnostic, but a majority of our initial clients and testing has been done within Australia, New Zealand and to a limited extent, the US. If outside of these regions, we would welcome your signing up for a trial and sending through any feedback to improve AccountKit in your region.
What do I do if I get stuck?
Every page has a “Help for this page’ – this is your first port of call that should answer most of your questions. Failing that you can submit a query to us at email@example.com where we’ll get back to you within 2 - 48 hours.
What happens if my internet goes down?
At this point, not much, unfortunately. Your data is all safe and sound, you just won’t be able to do any work. The reality is, you won’t be able to access any of your accounting software, so kick back and take a moment to take a breath from your busy life and go for a walk or head out and have a coffee with your colleagues. Life isn’t just about work, it’s also about the relationships and connections we foster. But enough philosophy, that’s a topic for another day.
I wouldn’t mind seeing AccountKit in action, is there anyone locally we could visit to see it being used in situ?
Great News! We now host monthly webinars that demonstrate AccountKits Tools in action OR you can check out the last recording that will get you entirely up to speed. Ulternatively you can book a session with one of the team for a demo to you and your team. Alternatively please swing by one of our booths at the various Xero Roadshows / Xerocon or other expos for a personal demo by one of our friendly staff.
This is all looking pretty amazing… Where to from here?
Connect with us - Sign up for a trial or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can talk you through any queries or concerns you may have. Then head on over to our Getting Started Guide and the various other articles in our help system. Most importantly, sign up for the free trial and have you and your staff play around with it for the next month – then if you’re loving the experience as we hope you will, you’ll be asked if you’d like to join the AccountKit community where we’ll gladly welcome you to the fold.
ATO Lodgement Questions
- When I Import the file I get a "File Corrupted Error"
- There could be several reasons for this. The most common is just a bug when downloading the report. The simplest fix is to download again and try the import process again.
- The other reason is that there is the document is password protected. Turn off passwords before importing to fix this issue.
- Import was successful but nothing showing
- If the import was successful and you still can't see anything chances are you imported the wrong document. Delete the document and ensure you've downloaded to correct file.
- If you are sure you've imported the right file, delete it and reimport it.
How do I archive or disable a user?
- You can find all the information you need to know about User Management including the archiving and disabling of a user in the User Management help article.
If all else fails please contact email@example.com for assistance.