The User Management page is used to add new users and assign their user role and client access rights across your practice. It can be found under your user profile menu in the top right.
These roles set some broad authorities as to whether a user can access and edit certain areas of the software. Multiple roles can be assigned to users with the idea being that once a role has been assigned, they'll be available for assigning in other areas. For example, if assigned a partner or manager role, the user can then be assigned these roles specific to a client entity.
|Practice Admin||User can access everything about the practice and clients along with assign access rights; Can also setup / disable all user types.|
|Partner||User can do most things that a Practice Administrator can, but can’t access Practice Settings and is unable to set up or edit Partner or Practice Administrator roles.|
|Manager||User can do most things that a Partner can, but can’t access Practice Settings and is unable to set up or edit Manager, Partner or Practice Administrator roles. The main purpose for this role is the ability to assign a user the manager role for a specific client entity.|
|Employee||User can only open and edit authorised client groups but is unable to delete anything, setup or edit users or edit practice settings|
Adding a new user
Xero practice Manager connected to AccountKit
Where the user has been brought in via a sync with Xero Practice Manager, they'll be set as inactive with no invite having been sent.
- Ensure the option is ticked at the bottom of the user management page.
- Select the user you would like to activate.
- Edit their details then press the "Re-Send Invite" button to issue the invitation to the user.
Xero Practice Manager NOT connected, or adding in new users.
To add a new user first click your name in the top right hand corner of the screen and then click User Management
When User management opens, Select the button and fill in the details as follows:
|Name:||The users first and last name.|
|Email / Username:||We recommend using their email address since this will be unique and standardised across the practice.|
|Access Level:||Select the level of authority you would like the user to have. See above for further details about the differences between roles.|
|Reports To:||Identify who the user reports to (optional)|
|Personal Details:||Select their gender and birthday|
|Timezone:||This enables correct date stamping of any work completed within AccountKit|
|Phone Number & Extension:||Enter their phone number and phone extension (leave blank if not relevant)|
- Ticking the box if you would like a copy of the invite email sent to you as well.
- Then press Send Invite
|You need to be a Practice Admin or Partner to be able to add or edit user profiles.|
Editing a current user
In the event you need to update user details or roles:
- Select the edit user icon
- Make any changes as required
- Press Save Changes button
Disabling/enabling a user
- Simply select the user icon in the Action column to disable a user from logging in and then confirm the action to finalise it. The icon will now change to look like this .
- To re-activate a user, just select the user's disabled icon and once again confirm the action to finish the process. The staff member will now be sent an invite email once again with a new password which they'll need to then accept. The icon will now change back to this to confirm the change.
Changing your password
- Select your username in the top right of your screen and choose the "My Profile" option.
- Select the button in the top right and follow the instructions
- Press Update.
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.|
|Customising your Practice Settings||Follow this link see how you can customise the Franking Register Types.|
|Document Management System (DMS)||This page will take you through how to connect to and utilise any number of cloud-based storage systems.|