The User Management page is used to add new users and assign their user role and client access rights across your practice. It can be found under your user profile menu in the top right.
The user management page is the central location for administering users within AccountKit. Here you can add new users, block current users, reset users 2FA and monitor their access.
|Name:||Simply identifies the user name and last login details.|
|Xero Practice Manager Logo:||Where this icon is showing, it's letting you know that this user is mapped to a user in XPM.|
|Email:||This is the users email as well as their login user name.|
|Mobile:||This is the optional users mobile number.|
Status & Actions:
User Access - This icon communicates the current state of the user and facilitates administration of the user through a built in context sensitive menu.
User Currently has access. Options include:
User access has been temporarily disabled. Options include:
User has been archived. Options include:
User has been invited, but has yet to accept. Options include:
2 Factor Authentication Status: This simply communicates whether 2FA has been setup or not. By selecting the icon, you have an option to reset their 2FA once again.
These roles set some broad authorities as to whether a user can access and edit certain areas of the software. Multiple roles can be assigned to users with the idea being that once a role has been assigned, they'll be available for assigning in other areas. For example, if assigned a partner or manager role, the user can then be assigned these roles specific to a client entity.
|Practice Admin||User can access everything about the practice and clients along with assign access rights; Can also setup / disable all user types.|
|Partner||User can do most things that a Practice Administrator can, but can’t access Practice Settings and is unable to set up or edit Partner or Practice Administrator roles.|
|Manager||User can do most things that a Partner can, but can’t access Practice Settings and is unable to set up or edit Manager, Partner or Practice Administrator roles. The main purpose for this role is the ability to assign a user the manager role for a specific client entity.|
|Employee||User can only open and edit authorised client groups but is unable to delete anything, setup or edit users or edit practice settings|
Adding a new user
Xero practice Manager connected to AccountKit
Where the user has been brought in via a sync with Xero Practice Manager, they'll be set as inactive with no invite having been sent.
- Ensure the option is ticked at the bottom of the user management page.
- Select the user you would like to activate.
- Edit their details then press the "Re-Send Invite" button to issue the invitation to the user.
Xero Practice Manager NOT connected, or adding in new users.
To add a new user first click your name in the top right hand corner of the screen and then click User Management
When User management opens, Select the button and fill in the details as follows:
|Name:||The users first and last name.|
|Email / Username:||We recommend using their email address since this will be unique and standardised across the practice.|
|Mobile Phone & Phone Number:||Optionally fill in the users mobile and standard phone number.|
|Birthday:||This too is optional, but will enable the birthday dashboard to let the team know when it's their birthday so you can organise some cake!|
|Time zone :||This enables correct date stamping of any work completed within AccountKit|
|Access Level:||Select the level of authority you would like the user to have. See above for further details about the differences between roles.|
|Reports To:||Identify who the user reports to (optional)|
|Personal Details:||Select their gender and birthday|
|Date Format:||This just changes how dates are displayed within AccountKit (optional)|
|Sign in with Xero:||This toggles whether they have an option to sign with Xero or not on the login page.|
- Ticking the box if you would like a copy of the invite email sent to you as well.
- Then press SEND INVITE
|You need to be a Practice Admin or Partner to be able to add or edit user profiles.|
Editing a current user incl. archive and disable Users
In the event you need to update user details or roles:
- Select the user name to open their details
- Make any changes as required
- Press the 'Save' button
Archiving and disabling a user
- From the 'User Management' page find the user you wish to archive or disable.
- Select the Icon and choose archive or disable.
|'Archive User' will disable the user and is used when an employee no longer works for the firm. 'Disable User' is used when an employee is suspended or on leave for a long period of time. You need to be a Practice Admin or Partner to be able to add or edit user profiles.|
The practice administrator is able to review all user logs within each users page or from the action menu under User Management; This enables you to monitor key events for each of your users for information security purposes.
Events captured include along with device and IP address:
- Successful login attempts
- Failed login attempts
- Account blocked due to too many failed login attempts
- Unblocking event
- Disabling / Enabling of account
- Changing of password
- Reset of 2FA
- Download of client sensitive data (client list or ATO lodgement list)
Editing your profile
Should you want to update any of your personal settings, follow the following steps.
- Select your username in the top right of your screen and choose the "My Profile" option.
- Once logged in, you can review and update:
- Employee details - This is all your basic personal details.
- Application settings and defaults - Basic defaults for how you want to use AccountKit, including your own signature and setting up / resetting your 2FA.
- Integration settings - Here you can enable / disable any of your integrations.
- Security logging - the history of your logins and resetting of 2FA and passwords.
- Remember to press save to update any changes.
Changing your password
- Whilst on your profile page select the button in the top right and follow the instructions
- Press Update.
|Shared Elements (Eg. Action Menu)||Check out this link for various elements shared throughout the various toolsets.|
|Customising your Practice Settings||Follow this link see how you can customise the Franking Register Types.|
|Document Management System (DMS)||This page will take you through how to connect to and utilise any number of cloud-based storage systems.|